Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Questions From The Bottom Of My Soul

How can I fully understand my heart?
How can my heart wander, yet still be useful?
How can faith turn to demand so quickly?
How can truth get so twisted you can no longer recognize it?

Is it possible for me to use you till you’re gone?
Can I out walk your grace?
Is it possible for the hardness of my heart to out last your love?
Can I tell you no until you no longer ask?
Is it possible for my stubborn confusion to disqualify me as a son?
Can I really understand and walk in your truth?
Is it possible for this twisted, stained heart to ever be right?

When does the hard part of my heart ruin the rest?
When does peace need to protect itself from me?
When does mercy become an enabler?
When does the most loving thing to do become to no longer love?

Will I forever be a slave to my emotions?
Will I ever know that it means to be healed?
Will I ever know what it means to “be right”?
Will I ever know what it means to not ask why?

No comments:

Post a Comment