Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Faith, like a coat.


When chilled by my life’s trails, I reach for my coat. I trust it to keep me warm, confident, at peace.

Wearing my faith, like a coat, banishes all anxious thoughts. It calms all fear. Right?

Right??

So I don this coat of faith and I stroll to the mirror of life’s experiences. I take a good long look. My reflection, still anxious, still fearful, ignores my coat. 

Give it a minute, we’ll warm up here soon enough.

I can’t get warm enough to stop being anxious.

Confused and distressed I quickly take it off. Am I missing something? I turn it over in my hands. Do I have the right one? I check the labels. Is this a counterfeit? I read the wear instructions.

I put it on again.

Not so quick to approach the mirror, I look.

Why can’t I get warm?  

No comments:

Post a Comment